ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — St. Clair County fell victim to a cyber attack Monday night and officials are still trying to figure out how it happened.
According to Paul Manning with the St. Clair County Commission, the attack occurred around 5:30 p.m. and the tech team was able to get everything back under control “quickly.”
Manning also says that no personal information from the county was compromised or stolen during the incident.
Officials are now investigating how the attack occurred and who is behind it. No other information has been released at this time.
- ‘So your husband served?’ Women veterans say service often ‘overlooked’
- ‘We deserve to be heard’: Man on mission to make voting accessible to Americans with disabilities
- Dr. Fauci says COVID-19 vaccine won’t be available until January, warns U.S. is ‘not in a good place’ as cases spike
- Former ‘Disney on Ice’ skater recovering after random stabbing in Indiana
- 103-year-old woman’s voting history dates back to FDR