SOUTHSIDE, Ala. (WIAT) — The Southside Police Chief was arrested Saturday, according to jail records.
Chris Jones, who was serving as Southside’s Police Chief, was booked into the Etowah County Jail on a charge of public intoxication, jail records report.
His bond was set at $500.
For the past several months, SPD’s Blake Ragsdale has been serving as acting chief while Jones was on leave.
Ragsdale said any statements would need to come from Southside’s mayor Monday.
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta gains strength as landfall approaches; major wind event expected for Central AL
- Tracking the Tropics: Cat 2 Hurricane Zeta strengthens as it gets closer to Gulf Coast landfall
- Eutaw mayor-elect arrested for using title for personal gain, lying to investigators
- It’s a hoax: Facebook post offers free Chick-fil-A gift basket
- 17-year-old hit by off-duty BPD officer’s vehicle dies