BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) – Once Black Friday shopping is over at those big, national retailers, it’s time to take your business back into the community.
Gov. Kay Ivey has declared Saturday as Small Business Saturday here in Alabama. The day celebrates the impact small businesses have on the communities they are in and the state’s economy.
Small Business Saturday is always held the day after Black Friday. It’s a day to shop small and support a business in your neighborhood that employs friends and family.
This is the 10th year Alabama has marked Small Business Saturday.
- Arrest made in Birmingham fatal shooting
- Wizardry or AI? New service animates old still photos, bringing them to life
- All University of Alabama campuses returning to full in-person instruction in fall 2021
- Butter burger? Sonic rolls out sandwich slathered in dairy spread
- North Carolina man gets revenge on porch pirate with spicy warning