BLOUNT COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — A child has been air lifted to Children’s Hospital after being hit by a truck while riding their bicycle Thursday afternoon on County Road 13 in Blount County.
According to Blount County Sheriff Mark Moon, the child was breathing at the scene before being taken to the hospital. The extent of the child’s injuries has not been disclosed.
Sheriff Moon did disclose with CBS 42 that the child was also talkative and “very excited” to be going on the helicopter ride.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- COVID-19 cases rising in Tuscaloosa raises concerns
- Should Alabama expand Medicaid coverage?
- National Guard called to respond to Minneapolis violence
- WATCH: National Hamburger Day taste test
- 1 injured after being shot in Tarrant, suspects still at large