HARVEST, Ala. (AP) — Authorities in Alabama say a shooting that killed a 5-year-old boy was an accident.
News outlets report the district attorney’s office in Madison County said Monday there weren’t plans to file criminal charges.
The sheriff’s office says the boy accidentally shot himself in the head Sunday while inside the family’s parked vehicle at a home in Harvest. A parent found the child and called authorities.
The child was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead. His name has not been released.
- State representative says medical marijuana legislation still up in the air
- Hospital group supports mask order extension in Alabama
- Watch the skies: Mars, Pleiades star cluster pair up very closely
- Father, son reel in 1,000-pound bluefin tuna off North Carolina coast
- Texas mom’s wired conversation with teen son helps police charge him in homicide