WALKER COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Walker County Sheriff’s Office has arrested a man after he fled from Illinois when he was charged with aggravated criminal sexual abuse.
John Lawrence Switzer, 49, was living in Jasper at the time of his arrest. According to WCSO, he had fled from Tazewell County, Ill. to avoid being arrested on the sexual abuse charge.
WCSO learned that Switzer was in Walker County and obtained a warrant for his arrest. Deputies were able to locate him and take him into custody.
Switzer is currently being held at the Walker County Jail on a fugitive from justice charge. He will be there until he is extradited back to Illinois to face the sexual abuse charge.
- Pres. Trump pardons former top strategist Steve Bannon, 72 others and 70 commutations
- President Trump pardons rapper Lil Wayne, commutes Kodak Black’s sentence
- Alleged white supremacist arrested after ankle monitor puts him at Capitol riot
- From Scranton to Pennsylvania Avenue: Joe Biden’s Story
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor