FULTONDALE, Ala. (WIAT) — A semi-truck carrying several vehicles caught fire on I-65 in Fultondale Tuesday and caused traffic delays.
According to the Fultondale Fire Department, crews responded to the scene just after 12:30 p.m. The fire caused two northbound lanes just north of Walker Chapel Road to be shut down. Both lanes are now back up and running.
The driver of the semi was not injured. The cause of the fire was mechanical, according to Fultondale Fire Chief Justin McKenzie.
No other information has been released at this time.
- Accident on Highway 79 north of Pinson shuts down both lanes
- Tuscaloosa 13-year-old shot, killed in community off Fosters Ferry Road
- Watchdog group files Hatch Act complaint against Jen Psaki
- Biden takes infrastructure pitch straight to Americans
- ‘America’s Got Talent: Extreme’ stuntman hospitalized