HOOVER, Ala. (WIAT) — Instructors at Counterstrike Krav Maga will offer several self-defense seminars for holiday shoppers during bye weeks for The University of Alabama and Auburn University.
Nate Acton, head instructor, taught CBS 42 Anchor and Reporter Ariana Garza how to quickly escape a would-be attacker who latches onto her wrist.
Members of Acton’s instruction team also demonstrated how to escape abduction or purse snatching scenarios. Acton said confidence is key for the victims in these situations.
The seminars will be held on November 2nd and 9th from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m and 3 to 6 p.m.
To register, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and for more information on the company and its co-ed and private lessons, click here.
Check out this morning’s demonstrations below:
Avoiding being pinned to a wall
Avoiding purse/bag snatching
Check out this morning’s facebook live here.
- 53 Tuscaloosa firefighters off duty due to testing positive, being exposed to COVID-19
- 1 injured in shooting on Highway 75 near church
- State superintendent says he can’t force schools to return to in-person learning
- ‘Pay-what-you-can’ restaurant celebrates 1 year in business
- Opioid crisis has worsened during the pandemic, lawmakers fear