PERRY COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Christmas is going to be brighter for some families in Perry County after an anonymous “Secret Santa” enlisted the help of the sheriff’s office to disperse over $15,000 to families in need.
The initiative was aided by local churches, and the Alabama Coalition for Healthy Mothers and Children, a non-profit group that works all year to provide for families in the Black Belt who need help.
“What might not be a lot of money to some people is a week’s pay for some people in this area,” Reserve Deputy Bart McCorquodale said.
Watch the video to see reactions from people receiving a Secret Santa gift.
- Jefferson Co. district attorney asks for tips as search continues for suspect Fredrick Hampton
- Trump’s trial begins at the start of an election year
- LifeSouth needs volunteer blood donors
- ‘Bad Luck Chuck’ isn’t taking any chances for Chiefs’ upcoming AFC Championship game
- St. Vincent’s Hospital making sleeping bags for the homeless