BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A second lawsuit has been filed against the Riverchase Galleria in connection to the July 3 shooting that left one child dead and another three people injured.
One of the injured victims’ family is suing for negligence saying the mall allowed the situation to “develop, arise, evolve and be maintained at the premises.”
Brookfield Properties Retail, Inc., the owner and operator of the mall, General Manager Mike White and security company Andy Frain Services, Inc.were named in the suit.
The lawsuit gives also states that the victim, an 11-year-old girl, was waiting at the food court when she was struck in the leg and grazed by bullets in the face and shoulder during the shooting.
READ THE FULL LAWSUIT BELOW:
- CDC says people who recover from COVID-19 are protected up to 3 months
- 2 domestic violence deaths being investigated in Oxford
- Birmingham Police Department reinstates bike patrols in downtown area
- St. Clair County police searching for two missing boys
- 2020 Regions Tradition Tournament canceled