MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill has allocated $2.2 million of CARES Act funding to help counties prepare for election day.
Merrill has encouraged the counties that received funding to purchase masks, gloves, disinfectant spray, hand sanitizers and other cleaning items to help keep polling sites safe from potential COVID-19 spread.
The Republican runoff election between former Attorney General Jeff Sessions and former Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville is set for July 14. Counties will also be eligible for more funding for the Nov. 3 general election. Applications for that should be turned into the Secretary of State’s Office by Oct. 2.
- Cows take over neighborhood
- Retired Col. Ralph Puckett to Best Ranger competitors: ‘You are the best our country produces’
- Alaska to offer COVID vaccines in airports
- TPD: Man suffers ‘serious’ head injuries after being attacked with axe, suspect still on the loose
- The names of the 8 victims murdered in the Indianapolis FedEx mass shooting