ETOWAH COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — On Friday morning, crews continued the search for a plane that disappeared from radar over Etowah County the night before.
Helicopters searched the Aurora community Friday. This is the area in which the pilot’s phone pinged before the plane went off the radar.
At this point, it has been confirmed there was one man on the plane. According to law enforcement, the plane was flying back to Calhoun, Georgia when it disappeared from the radar.
The Etowah County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that the pilot, an unnamed man from Mississippi, was flying an experimental plane that he had built.
This story will be updated as more information is confirmed.
- Flash Flood Watch in effect until 7 pm Sunday | Central AL Forecast
- Search suspended for Tuscaloosa man swept by flash flooding
- Young holds up, No. 1 Alabama holds off No. 11 Florida 31-29
- Tuscaloosa police respond to multiple calls related to flash floods
- Vaccines in your salad? Scientists growing medicine-filled plants to replace injections