(WIAT)—BIRMINGHAM, Ala. Today is ‘Save Public Transit Day’ the Birmingham-Jefferson county transit authority will participate in this event.
The authority is joining other industry partners to shed light on the financial crisis facing the public transportation industry amid the pandemic.
The industry is calling on Congress and the administration to provide at least 32 billion dollars in emergency funding to public transit agencies.
- 1 killed, firefighter hurt in apartment fire
- Fultondale Baseball, city looking to move forward from tornado one month later
- Doctor appears in court video call while performing surgery
- Fraud overwhelms pandemic-related unemployment programs
- Friends of murdered Louisiana police officer Martinus Mitchum remember him as a hero