TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Alabama head coach Nick Saban is “doing fine” after he tested positive for the coronavirus Wednesday afternoon.
Saban was diagnosed with the virus along with Athletic Director Greg Byrne.
The head coach was evaluated Thursday by the team’s physician. Saban is said to still be asymptomatic and is continuing to self-isolate. He will be reevaluated daily.
Saban says he is still going to work ahead of Saturday’s game against the No. 3 Georgia Bulldogs (3-0) with Offensive Coordinator Steve Sarkisian handling operations at the Crimson Tide’s facility.
No. 2 Alabama (3-0) takes on the Bulldogs at 7 p.m. right here on CBS 42.
- Pell City’s ban on Tianeptine inspiring other communities
- Report: Les Miles reached settlement with student over harassment allegations at LSU
- New coronavirus variant identified in New York
- Bats, birds found dead in wake of deep Southern freeze
- How eligible people in Jefferson County area can sign up for COVID vaccine