ANNISTON, Ala. (WIAT) — A retired K-9 deputy with the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Office has died.
Skeet, who was retired from the force in 2014 after five years with the force, died Friday after a short battle with cancer.
His handle released the following message through the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page:
“Heartbroken today. This morning we lost Skeet after a very short battle with cancer. A great partner for 2 years serving the streets of Calhoun county, and a great family member for the past 5 years (retired Sept 2014). Anyone who had the pleasure to meet him knew he was one in a million.”
- Hopkins, UAB ground game chew up UTEP
- ‘It was pretty terrifying’: Hero officers rescue unconscious woman from burning car in Farmville
- Texas search group resumes effort to find Aniah Blanchard
- Georgia holds on to win, 21-14 over Auburn Tigers
- Tua throws 2 TDs, leaves game with injury; Tide defeats Mississippi State 38-7