BLOUNT COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — A retired Blount County teacher has been found guilty of killing her husband.
Bobbie Holaway was charged with murder for the 2016 shooting death of her husband, William “Jerry” Holaway. After a week-long trial, a Blount County jury deliberated for just 25 minutes Tuesday night before returning the guilty verdict.
According to prosecutors, Holaway was having an affair and was planning to divorce her husband of 35 years when she shot him.
Holaway faces at least 20 years in prison. A sentencing date has not been set.
- Central AL Forecast: Mostly gray sky tomorrow; Another cold push Monday
- Here’s how much the ’12 Days of Christmas’ gifts would cost you in 2020
- Moulton man walks out of rehab hospital after long battle with COVID-19
- Only 25 Republicans in Congress acknowledge Biden’s election victory, Washington Post survey finds
- See what happens when meat lovers replace gingerbread houses with ‘charcuterie chalets’