TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Replicas of Christopher Columbus’ ships are coming back to Alabama.
News outlets report the Nina and Pinta will open to the public in Tuscaloosa Friday at 1 Greensboro Ave. The ships will be docked there until Nov. 18.
The ships will then be in Mobile from Nov. 23 to Dec. 1.
The two are historically accurate to the real ships. They were in northern Alabama this summer before heading to Tennessee for almost two months.
While in port, you can walk around the ships and take self-guided tours.
- People trapped, roads impassable after Alabama tornado
- Environmental groups and ABC Coke reach new settlement
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats
- Protests after video shows police car driving through crowd of pedestrians in Washington state
- There’s only one Central Alabama company that saves cats from trees, The Tree Man