BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Skeletal remains found under a home in Alabama have been identified as a man who was reported missing more than five years ago.
News outlets report 64-year-old Donald Wayne Wilson was identified through medical records Wednesday.
The skeletal remains were found in a crawl space on Oct. 14 while the house was undergoing renovations. Jefferson County coroner officials say Wilson grew up in east Birmingham and lived at the home before he was reported missing in 2014.
Chief Deputy Coroner Bill Yates says the department hasn’t determined how Wilson died.
- Firefighters put out house fire in Jefferson County’s Sylvan Springs
- Cowboys for Trump leader arrested over US Capitol riot
- Virus, homicides, drugs put strains on funeral homes
- After allergic reactions at 1 clinic, California pauses use of large batch of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
- Amtrak halting Virginia routes ahead of Inauguration Day