MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — A proposed bill in the Alabama Legislature would require all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday or the birth of their third biological child, whichever comes first.
HB-238 was proposed by Rep. Rolanda Hollis Thursday. The proposal also states the procedure will be done at the man’s own expense.
The bill simply states that “under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men.”
The bill is currently in committee at this time. If it is passed, the bill would go into effect the third month since its approval.
READ THE FULL BILL HERE:
- Driver shows ‘Get Out of Jail Free’ card to deputy at traffic stop: ‘Points for the effort and humor’
- 19-year-old hospitalized after bullying incident in Georgia
- Police working to identify Jane Doe who was found dead in Tuscaloosa County in 1982
- Alabama swatting call claims 14-year-old shot in head, brings out multiple officers
- 9 dead in 9 days in Alabama