NORTHPORT, Ala. (WIAT) — Part of Hwy. 69 North in Northport has been shut down due to an oil spill caused from a tanker truck.
According to the Northport Police Department, a truck was traveling on the road around 9:15 a.m. Thursday when oil began spilling out from Union Chapel Road to Hunter Creek Road on Hwy. 69 North.
There have been no accidents or injuries reported, but there are delays due to that portion of the southbound land of the road being closed.
- 2 juvenile girls in stolen truck lead troopers on chase ending near Argo
- Black Men unite for ‘More than a March’ movement in Birmingham
- Man shot in Fairfield, investigation underway
- Authorities investigating person found dead in Tuscaloosa house fire
- Americans sweet on chocolate, baked goods during pandemic, study finds