TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Popeyes hit a road block in the chicken sandwich war Tuesday when they announced they sold out of their supremely popular chicken sandwiches.
The fast food chain released a video highlighting the success of the sandwich, showing the “sold out” signs on restaurant doors across the country.
In a shocking turn of events, Popeyes said it is temporarily suspending production of the sandwich until further notice.
Did the chicken restaurant really sell out of chicken sandwiches? Or is it a strategy to get people to download their app? The video says if you would like to be notified when the sandwich returns to your area, you can download the Popeyes mobile app.
- Patrick Mahomes and fiancée Brittany Matthews announce they’re having a baby
- BPD assistant chief to retire Friday after 31 years
- University of Montevallo to rename 2 buildings named after former governors with racist ties
- Disney to lay off 28,000 employees at its parks in California, Florida
- Etowah County Health Department to host drive-thru flu shot clinic