TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Popeyes hit a road block in the chicken sandwich war Tuesday when they announced they sold out of their supremely popular chicken sandwiches.
The fast food chain released a video highlighting the success of the sandwich, showing the “sold out” signs on restaurant doors across the country.
In a shocking turn of events, Popeyes said it is temporarily suspending production of the sandwich until further notice.
Did the chicken restaurant really sell out of chicken sandwiches? Or is it a strategy to get people to download their app? The video says if you would like to be notified when the sandwich returns to your area, you can download the Popeyes mobile app.
- Video calls create rise in cosmetic procedures, so called ‘Zoom dysmorphia’
- Here’s why the lights were out at the Washington Monument on Sunday night
- 16-year-old pilot delivers 5,000 pieces of PPE to West Virginia hospital
- Mass vaccination sites ready across the US as states wait for supply of more vaccines
- Judge: Charges still stand against pastor Tony Spell for violating COVID-19 crowd limits