MOBILE, Ala. (WIAT) — A prosecutor in Alabama says authorities were able to trace a stolen gaming console to two suspects accused of shooting an Alabama college professor to death last month.
A Mobile County Assistant District Attorney said during a bond hearing Monday that a Nintendo Switch system belonging to University of South Alabama Professor Matthew Wiser was connected to a network by one of the suspects, allowing police to track it to Derric Scott and Tiquez Timmons and make their arrests.
The 20-year-olds are set to be arraigned on felony murder charges Wednesday. Mobile investigators said they think Wiser was killed during a home invasion robbery.
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Beta makes Landfall
- Million Dollar Band members allowed to perform only one game per season
- ACLU Alabama attorney speaks on loss of Justice Ginsburg
- ‘Looters will be shot’ sign warns in Baldwin County
- Dolphin rescued from pond after being trapped by Hurricane Sally storm surge