MOBILE, Ala. (WIAT) — A prosecutor in Alabama says authorities were able to trace a stolen gaming console to two suspects accused of shooting an Alabama college professor to death last month.
A Mobile County Assistant District Attorney said during a bond hearing Monday that a Nintendo Switch system belonging to University of South Alabama Professor Matthew Wiser was connected to a network by one of the suspects, allowing police to track it to Derric Scott and Tiquez Timmons and make their arrests.
The 20-year-olds are set to be arraigned on felony murder charges Wednesday. Mobile investigators said they think Wiser was killed during a home invasion robbery.
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America morning update – June 2, 2020
- WATCH: Biden to hit Trump as more focused on ‘power than principle’; speaks about civil unrest
- Four officers shot in St. Louis amid night of violent protests
- Pandemic of Love sparks movement of community support
- Police investigating theft at Pleasant Grove gun shop