TRUSSVILLE, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (8/18): The Trussville Police Department has identified the woman believed to have driven through a Home Depot last week to steal items from the store.
43-year-old Gwendolyn Braswell of Birmingham is wanted for the criminal act. Trussville PD was able to determine Braswell as the woman in the video after getting a description from witnesses about the car and tag number. The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office also contacted the police department a day earlier about unauthorized use of the same vehicle.
Braswell has been charged with second-degree burglary, first-degree criminal mischief and fourth-degree theft of property. She allegedly stole a leaf blower and dehumidifier in the incident.
If anyone has any information on Braswell’s whereabouts, contact Trussville PD at 205-655-2101.
ORIGINAL (8/14): The Trussville Police Department is on the lookout for a woman who crashed her car into a Home Depot in order to steal items Friday morning.
According to police, the woman had staged some items she wanted to steal inside the store before driving through the storefront. She then loaded the items into the vehicle and drove away.
She is still at large. Police are looking for a black Pontiac Sunfire that may have suffered damage from the crash.
If you have any information on the incident, contact Trussville PD at 205-655-2101.
- Hispanic Caucus spells out opposition to GOP border demands in X quote chain
- R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Organization to host annual Christmas Benefit Concert
- Brookwood Baptist Health Hospitals to host nurse and allied health hiring events
- Remembering the attack on Pearl Harbor, 82 years later
- House Education chair announces probe into Harvard, MIT, UPenn over ‘rampant antisemitism’