TROY, Ala. (AP) — Authorities in Alabama say a man was so intent on hurting a woman he had been dating that he chased her car into a police station parking lot, where he shot the woman in the hand before he was arrested.
Police in the southeast Alabama city of Troy tell news outlets they arrested 51-year-old Henry Barr on Sunday and charged him with three counts of attempted murder and three counts of shooting into an occupied vehicle. He had been chasing a vehicle with three women.
The person he shot was taken to a hospital where she’s expected to recover. Barr was jailed with bail set at $375,000. It’s unclear if he has a lawyer to speak for him.
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Depression Twenty Two forms in the Gulf.
- Travel agencies cope with closures from Hurricane Sally
- Multiple reports of stolen catalytic converters in south Talladega County
- ‘There’s nowhere for her to go’: COVID-19 patient to be kicked out of hospital, family says
- What happens if the presidential election is still contested on Inauguration Day?