CULLMAN COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Police are currently investigating a situation where money was stolen from the Cullman County Fair Association.
On Friday, the legal team representing the fair confirmed that they had discovered an unnamed person had “misappropriated a substantial amount of funds” from the group.
“After a preliminary investigation by the Association, this matter was referred to local law enforcement,” said Heath Meherg of Griffith, Lowry & Meherg in a written statement. “At this time, the association will not comment on the amount of funds or the identity of the suspect.”
The Cullman County Fair was first established in 1954
The group is currently working with law enforcement on the matter.
- Robotic pets used to remedy loneliness in nursing homes across Alabama
- Trump extends unemployment benefits, defers payroll tax
- Small plane makes emergency landing on Interstate 59 in Tuscaloosa
- TikTok to file lawsuit against Trump Administration over order banning app in US
- Stimulus check update: Why we’re no closer to a second $1,200 payment