SHEFFIELD, Ala. (AP) — Authorities in Alabama say a man died after losing control of his motorcycle while being chased by authorities.
Tab Kennedy Waddell was driving a 1998 Harley Davidson motorcycle when he crashed into a guardrail on US-43 on Thursday morning.
Florence Police Deputy Chief Mike Holt says an officer saw 32-year-old Waddell run a red light on his motorcycle and attempted to pull Waddell over. Holt says Waddell didn’t stop and a chase ensued before the crash. He was later pronounced dead at a hospital.
Holt says it appears the officer followed department policy. The officer’s name wasn’t immediately released. State troopers are investigating the crash.
- BREAKING: State Rep. Dexter Grimsley loses sister to COVID-19
- Local churches are helping Christians partake in communion from home
- Exclusive Poll: When it comes to virus response, New York prefers Cuomo over Trump
- Blood donations needed for next several months
- City of Columbiana refilling residents’ hand sanitizer bottles