PINSON, Ala. (WIAT) — A Pinson man is recovering from a gunshot wound he received on Christmas Eve from his stepson during a domestic dispute, authorities say.
According to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office (JCSO), deputies were alerted to a possible domestic violence incident on Mountain View Drive around 9:15 p.m. Upon arrival, they discovered a man suffering from a gunshot wound. He was treated at the scene before being taken to a local hospital.
Witnesses say that the man had thrown his wife through a window and was choking her. That is when the man’s 17-year-old stepson shot him, they told deputies.
Deputies retrieved the weapon and questioned the stepson. He was released to another family member and taken to another location.
The man is expected to survive his injuries.
No other information has been received at this time. JCSO is still investigating this incident.
- Biden restricts travel from 26 European countries
- Target employees to receive $500-plus pandemic bonus
- City Council requests briefing from federal officials regarding vaccination distribution plans for Birmingham
- 14-year-old shot twice in the face, once in the leg in Talladega drive-by shooting
- Biden explains how he arrived at $1,400 stimulus check amount