Phenix City police have made an arrest in the death of a Phenix City 12-year-old boy who was shot in the head a week ago.
According to Captain George Staudinger, a 13-year-old boy was arrested and charged with the murder of John Jones. He will be prosecuted as a juvenile which means his name will not be released.
Juvenile court records in Alabama are sealed.
Staudinger says the boy is in custody in the Department of Youth Services.
- VIDEO: Man injured after shoved by police during protest in Buffalo
- Mother arrested after missing Texas boy’s body found in dumpster
- Family seeking answers following death of Aliceville man
- After student tests positive for COVID-19, Birmingham City Schools postpones remaining graduations
- Senators press colleges on coronavirus safety plans to reopen campuses