Phenix City police have made an arrest in the death of a Phenix City 12-year-old boy who was shot in the head a week ago.
According to Captain George Staudinger, a 13-year-old boy was arrested and charged with the murder of John Jones. He will be prosecuted as a juvenile which means his name will not be released.
Juvenile court records in Alabama are sealed.
Staudinger says the boy is in custody in the Department of Youth Services.
- ‘We don’t want to hear doubt’: Neighborhood President optimistic ‘Cupcake’ returns home
- Road closures for Magic City Classic, 59-20 construction hits a milestone
- 2 women create Birmingham child guide book ‘Down in the Ham’ highlighting city attractions
- Birmingham prepares for 78th Annual Magic City Classic
- Trump urges GOP to ‘get tougher and fight’ impeachment