BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — An investigation is underway after a pedestrian died following a hit-and-run in Birmingham.
A male pedestrian on a scooter died Thursday evening after being struck by a vehicle on Richard Arrington Boulevard in Woodlawn.
According to Birmingham police, officers from Birmingham Police Department’s South Precinct arrived to the area of the incident around 6:20 p.m.
Birmingham Fire and Rescue transported the pedestrian to UAB Hospital, where he later died from his injuries.
The driver of the vehicle left the scene, and an investigation is underway.
- Bills fans donate to Lamar Jackson’s favorite charity following QB’s injury
- Bills advance to AFC championship with 17-3 win over Ravens
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Betty White to mark 99th birthday by “feeding ducks”
- Central AL Forecast: Cold & dry for the near-term; Rain chances late next week