BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A coach on the Parker High School football team has tested positive for COVID-19, Birmingham City Schools confirmed Friday.
In a statement from Superintendent Mark Sullivan, the team and coach staff will quarantine for 14 days. During this time, football games will be rescheduled. The coach was not identified in the statement from the school system.
Parker was originally scheduled to play Ramsay High School tonight and Wenonah High School Sept. 18.
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Depression Twenty Two forms in the Gulf.
- Travel agencies cope with closures from Hurricane Sally
- Multiple reports of stolen catalytic converters in south Talladega County
- ‘There’s nowhere for her to go’: COVID-19 patient to be kicked out of hospital, family says
- What happens if the presidential election is still contested on Inauguration Day?