BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Drivers traveling along the I-59 southbound ramp getting onto I-65 South were delayed Tuesday morning after a tanker truck tipped over and spilled nearly 100 gallons of fuel onto the road.
According to the Birmingham Fire Department, the driver of the truck suffered minor injuries and was taken to the hospital. Another driver who was not involved in the accident did drive through the scene and wrecked their car. They were also taken to the hospital.
The EMA and hazmat crews worked the scene.
- Grace House to Host Pumpkin Festival
- Family, friends remember Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney one year later
- Searches for ‘When does the debate end’ spike 3,000 percent as candidates wrap up final confrontation
- Here’s how Hunter Biden became a campaign issue
- Sen. Jones makes final push on the campaign trail in Troy