CHUNCHULA, Ala. (AP) — A deputy in Alabama shot and killed a man accused of attacking family members and pointing a gun at officers.
Mobile County Capt. Paul Burch told news outlets 32-year-old Levi Morse was shot once in the chest Tuesday evening. Authorities had responded to a domestic violence call at the home in Chunchula.
Burch says a deputy fired one shot after Morse refused repeated commands to drop his handgun. Morse was pronounced dead at the scene. No deputies were injured.
Burch says Morse had a history of domestic violence and deputies had been called to the home before.
- Rattlesnake bites California man who tried to pick it up with BBQ tongs
- Newsfeed Now: White House prepares for Chauvin verdict; Kids possibly able to get vaccinated against COVID-19 in 2022
- Should states regulate marijuana by its potency? Some say yes
- Two injured in helicopter crash near Ft. Rucker
- New Texas COVID-19 variant resistant to antibodies, researchers say