TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — An off-duty Tuscaloosa police officer is in critical condition at DCH Regional Medical Center after being involved in a motorcycle crash Tuesday afternoon.
The crash occurred after the officer and another vehicle crashed into each other at the intersection of Flatwoods Road and Harper Road in Northport.
The officer’s name is being withheld at this time. He did undergo surgery.
The driver of the second vehicle was not hurt in the accident.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Birmingham Legion FC Raises $8,800 For Civil Rights Institute
- Sports bars brace for possible losses if 2020 football season is canceled
- Back to school: Lawmakers debate safest options for students, teachers as schools prepare to reopen
- Hotel owners concerned about football season in Tuscaloosa
- 100 arrested after night of looting in downtown Chicago; 13 police injured