No injuries reported during grocery store, house fire in Birmingham

Local News

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A local Birmingham grocery store caught on fire Wednesday morning after authorities received tips of smoke in the area.

According to the Birmingham Fire Department, officials received reports of smoke coming from the 2220 block of 22nd Avenue South in Birmingham. Upon arrival, fire crews found smoke and fire coming from the closed from a closed grocery store, B-Town Discounts, and an attached unoccupied residence.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

TRENDING STORIES