SHELBY COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) -- The Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force has arrested and charged nine men with soliciting prostitution.
The arrests were made as the result of a second undercover reverse prostitution sting, according to a release from the Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force. Known internally as Operation Close Out - Round 2, the sting took place in North Shelby County near the Highway 280 corridor.
Based on a release from the Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force, the nine men have been identified as:
- Abhinav Gautam from Birmingham, AL
- Bruce Beasley from McMinnville, TN
- Charles Herron from Mountain Brook, AL
- Damion Simon from Birmingham, AL
- Dennis Cauch from Frankfort, KY
- Edgar Garcia from Vestavia Hills, AL
- Robert Jernigan of Birmingham, AL
- Samuel Montoya from Birmingham, AL
- Zyon Bradford from Birmingham, AL
This follows a similar operation from September 2018, which saw eleven men get arrested for soliciting prostitution. More operations of this kind are expected to follow in the future.
- "Unlocking Second Chances": Birmingham initiative to hire formerly incarcerated individuals
- Man who builds crosses for shooting victims now finds himself building them for friends
- Deputies Arrest Man Shooting Recklessly in Center Point
- Central AL Forecast: Flooding concerns with continued rainfall next week