TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Alabama head coach Nick Saban and his wife, Terry Saban, have donated money to help save Space Camp in Huntsville through Nick’s Kids Foundation.
The Sabans donated an undisclosed amount to the campaign and signed their names along with Nick Saban’s children’s foundation that pours into youth and youth organization.
“Thanks to the generosity of donors and the efforts of Nick and Terry Saban, Nick’s Kids Foundation has distributed over $9 million to hundreds of deserving organizations and causes,” the foundation’s website says.
The Saban’s donation comes as the funds to save Space Camp reached over $1.5 million this week. The amount comes from over 8,000 donors and helped the U.S. Space and Rocket Center reach its goal.
The money will be used to keep the museum operating and allow Space Camp to open in April 2021.
The Rocket Center closed March 13 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The museum reopened in May and Space Camp resumed at the end of June. According to the Rocket Center, business has been drastically down since reopening, and Space Camp had about 20% of its normal enrollment.
- Watch: Restaurants fry up different takes on the empanada
- Ron Paul ‘doing fine’ after apparent medical incident during live show
- Q&A: What exactly were the results of Breonna Taylor investigation?
- Picking Alabama and Auburn’s first game of the fall season
- WATCH: Mechanics rescue kitten stuck in dashboard of car