(WIAT) — The Jefferson County Department of Health will operate two surge testing sites in hopes of testing large amounts of people for COVID-19.
What’s Happening Birmingham said, via Facebook, the introduction of surge testing for the community was introduced by the White House Coronavirus Taskforce. The task force provided the testing resource to the Greater Birmingham metro area because it was considered a hot spot for COVID-19.
The testing sites within Jefferson County will be equipped to test up to 1500 a day through Sept. 5.
The two locations include:
- Riverchase Galleria (Sears parking lot) in Hoover, AL
- Cathedral of the Cross in Centerpoint, AL
The Jefferson County site details anyone who can self-administer a test, including children, is eligible to get tested. Testing at all surge sites will be free of cost.
Both sites will operate Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Centerpoint location will begin Monday, Aug. 24. The Hoover location has already started testing.
For more information, visit https://www.doineedacovid19test.com/.
- American support for same-sex marriage is higher than ever, study finds
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi still hoping to strike deal before election
- TS Zeta Forms, Approaching the Gulf; Impacts Expected Wed/Thurs
- ‘Everything was on fire,’ witnesses describe moments after Foley plane crash
- Bessemer PD searching for suspect in Sunday morning homicide