MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — Montgomery County District Attorney Daryl Bailey has issued an arrest warrant for State Rep. Will Dismukes.
The warrant is for first-degree theft of property. Dismukes allegedly stole more than $2,500 from a former employer, Weiss Flooring.
Dismukes has been booked into the Montgomery County Jail. He is being held on a $5,000 bond.
Gov. Kay Ivey released a statement to CBS 42 regarding to alleged incident.
“If true, it is disappointing when a public official, elected with the confidence of the people, abuse that trust. I support the letter of the law, and no one is above it – especially those in public office.”Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey
Dismukes’ lawyer says the state representative is maintaining his innocence, according to the Associated Press. Attorney Trey Norman says Dismukes doesn’t plan to give up his House seat.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Burger King manager arrested for stealing money, setting fire to restaurant
- Gadsden man arrested after more than 600 photos, videos of child pornography found
- Alabama AG: Former Barbour County Sheriff arrested for violating state ethics laws
- Man charged with rape after 13-year-old girl taken from Nashville Walmart
- Gun and ammo shortage looms as hunting season approaches