MIDFIELD, Ala. (WIAT) — Longtime Midfield Police Chief Frank Belcher will retire from the force and then join the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office.
Belcher has been the chief since 2010 and has been with the Midfield station since 2000.
Belcher confirmed to CBS 42 that his last day will be Monday and then will begin with the JCSO next Tuesday as a Lieutenant in the Civil Division.
He says he does not know who will fill his position in Midfield.
- As globe hits 40 million COVID-19 cases, here are the US states seeing the highest increases
- Watch: Bruce Willis just (briefly) brought back his Die Hard role
- Standing in the gap: grassroots efforts to tackle inequities in education
- 7.5 earthquake near Alaska triggers tsunami warning
- BPD investigating hit and run that killed driver on I-59