MAPLESVILLE, Ala. (WIAT) — Police are investigating after a man was shot by his adopted son Sunday morning.
Around 10:15 a.m., Maplesville Police, Chilton County deputies and Alabama state troopers responded to County Road 323 off of U.S. Highway 82 that runs into Maplesville on a call of a person shot by their adopted son, authorities report.
Authorities arrived to find a man shot in the arm, Maplesville Police Chief Todd Ingram said. The victim was transported by air to UAB hospital. At this time there is no word on the extent of his injuries.
The suspect, the victim’s adopted son, was apprehended and taken to the Chilton County Jail for questioning.
Maplesville PD will continue to investigate.
- Pell City’s ban on Tianeptine inspiring other communities
- Report: Les Miles reached settlement with student over harassment allegations at LSU
- New coronavirus variant identified in New York
- Bats, birds found dead in wake of deep Southern freeze
- How eligible people in Jefferson County area can sign up for COVID vaccine