OZARK, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama man who was charged in a 1990 slaying in which another man was cleared has pleaded guilty in the killing.
News outlets report 54-year-old Jeff Beasley pleaded guilty to murder in Ozark on Monday and received a 30-year sentence.
Beasley was arrested in January in the strangulation of 22-year-old Tracy Harris, whose body was found in a river. The victim’s husband, Carl Harris Jr., had been charged with murder in 2016. He was about to stand trial until Beasley confessed to the killing.
Harris is now seeking $6 million from the city where he was charged.
- Alabama Department of Public Health releases COVID-19 guidance for schools
- Second stimulus checks: Progress slow on virus relief bill with $1,200 payments
- Central AL Forecast: Just a few showers today, mainly dry trend continues
- Heart and double-lung transplant recipient sharing his story to inspire others
- ‘Back the Blue’ rally draws crowd of supporters and counter-protesters