OXFORD, Ala. (AP) — A man found shot to death in Georgia has been identified as the person who fled after a long police chase on Alabama highways.
The police chief in Oxford, Alabama, on Monday said officers had identified 46-year-old Matthew William Loyd as the person suspected of shooting at officers during the Nov. 29 chase.
Chief Bill Partridge says officers were working to obtain warrants against Loyd when he was found dead. An Atlanta police spokeswoman says Loyd was found shot to death Friday.
The chase in Alabama started after officers responded to a burglary call.
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis say they only bathe their kids if they see dirt on them
- How much has Alabama added to the national COVID bump?
- Burned bear cub that had to walk on its elbows heals at California wildfire center
- Sale of ‘one-of-a-kind’ Wu-Tang Clan album pays off Martin Shkreli’s debt
- Police on the lookout for stolen Chick-fil-A delivery car