JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (2/21): A suspect has been arrested in connection to this homicide investigation.
UPDATE (2/13): The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office has identified the man found dead in Brighton Wednesday night.
Gerald Clifton Bell, 57, was found deceased in the 4000 block of 4th Avenue. His death has been ruled a homicide by JCSO.
No suspects are in custody at this time. If you have any information on the case, contact JCSO at (205) 325-1450 or Crime Stoppers at (205) 254-7777.
ORIGINAL (2/12): Authorities are investigating a man found dead in the 4000 block of 4th Avenue Wednesday night.
Bessemer District Attorney Lynneice Washington confirms the death to CBS 42.
Investigators say there is no clear cause of death. The body has been turned over to the Jefferson County Coroner’s office for examination and identification.
If you have any information, call Crime Stoppers at 205-254-7777.
- Birmingham MAX Transit adjusting bus hours due to curfew
- LIVE: US cities erupt in more violence amid threats from Trump; Sharpton, Reps. push to ban police chokeholds
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America morning update – June 2, 2020
- WATCH: Biden to hit Trump as more focused on ‘power than principle’; speaks about civil unrest
- Four officers shot in St. Louis amid night of violent protests