MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WRBL) – The man charged in the killing of Aniah Blanchard is now facing murder and attempted murder charges in a 2018 Montgomery cold case
On Thursday, Montgomery County District Attorney Daryl Bailey announced the new charges against 29-year-old Ibraheem Yazeed.
Yazeed has been charged in a 2018 shooting that killed 29-year-old Stephen Hamby and injured 54-year-old Geraldine Talley, who survived her injuries after being shot in the face, but later died of natural causes. Yazeed faces a murder charge in Hamby’s death and an attempted murder charge in Talley’s shooting.
Hamby was shot and killed in December 2018 in a wooded area off Maxwell Boulevard near the Salvation Army.
Yazeed is charged with two counts of capital murder and first-degree kidnapping in the murder of Blanchard in Lee County. Blanchard was last seen Oct. 23 at a convenience store on South College Street in Auburn. Her body was later found in Macon County.
- Police release video of Trey Songz allegedly assaulting officer at AFC Championship game
- How Noah Galloway got into golf, will Tiger Woods ever win again and what happened to Rickie Fowler?
- Sen. Patrick Leahy taken to hospital
- How to help victims of Fultondale tornado
- Federal agents search home of Falkville man arrested during Capitol riot