MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WRBL) – The man charged in the killing of Aniah Blanchard is now facing murder and attempted murder charges in a 2018 Montgomery cold case
On Thursday, Montgomery County District Attorney Daryl Bailey announced the new charges against 29-year-old Ibraheem Yazeed.
Yazeed has been charged in a 2018 shooting that killed 29-year-old Stephen Hamby and injured 54-year-old Geraldine Talley, who survived her injuries after being shot in the face, but later died of natural causes. Yazeed faces a murder charge in Hamby’s death and an attempted murder charge in Talley’s shooting.
Hamby was shot and killed in December 2018 in a wooded area off Maxwell Boulevard near the Salvation Army.
Yazeed is charged with two counts of capital murder and first-degree kidnapping in the murder of Blanchard in Lee County. Blanchard was last seen Oct. 23 at a convenience store on South College Street in Auburn. Her body was later found in Macon County.
- Woman shot after pointing gun at St. Clair County sheriff deputies who found man dead
- Texas band director accused of having child porn, recording students
- Hueytown District 2 councilor challenged after 16 years in office
- Southwest removes family from flight after 3-year-old with autism refuses mask
- Eric Trump says Harris as Biden’s VP doesn’t worry Trump campaign