SHELBY COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — A man who is accused of multiple sex crimes against two juvenile individuals has been arrested by the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office.
According to SCSO, Michael Alton Fowler was taken into custody Monday on several charges dating back several years against two minors.
The incidents are said to have happened between 2010 and 2014 in an unincorporated area of Shelby County between Alabaster and Montevallo.
Fowler has been charged with one count of first-degree rape and four counts of first-degree sexual abuse. He is currently being held at the Shelby County on a $180,000 bond.
SCSO is asking for any potential additional victims to contact authorities at 205-670-6000.
- Man in critical condition after shooting at Center Point apartment complex
- Meghan describes suicidal thoughts, anguish about hurtful discussions about son
- Meghan and Harry interview with Oprah lays bare royal rift
- Ivey: March 7 declared as Tuskegee Airmen Day
- 6-year-old battling cancer surprised with birthday parade from first responders