BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — The Bessemer Police Department has arrested a man who was involved in a shootout last week that injured an innocent bystander in a Family Dollar parking lot.
According to Bessemer PD, 24-year-old Aaron Foster and another male got into an argument in the parking lot July 27. A shootout ensued and someone not involved in the incident was struck by gunfire. They were taken to UAB and treated for their injuries.
Foster was arrested Tuesday and charged with two counts of first-degree assault, one count of second-degree assault, five counts of discharging a firearm into an occupied/unoccupied vehicle and one count of certain persons forbidden to possess a firearm.
No other information has been released at this time.
- Central AL Forecast: Severe Weather Threat Ending Across Central Alabama This Morning
- People trapped, roads impassable after Alabama tornado
- Environmental groups and ABC Coke reach new settlement
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats
- Protests after video shows police car driving through crowd of pedestrians in Washington state