CLAY, Ala. (WIAT) — The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office has arrested a man and charged him in the murder of his stepfather.
Jacob Naquade Chambers, 33, called authorities to a residence in the 7500 block of Weems Road in Clay Tuesday afternoon saying he had shot 56-year-old Paul Edward Trull Jr.
Once on the scene, deputies discovered Trull suffering from gunshot wounds. He later succumbed to his injuries.
Chambers remained on the scene and was later taken into custody for questioning. He was then charged with murder.
JCSO says Chambers was upset at his stepfather about a confrontation regarding the assault of another family member.
No other information has been released at this time. Chambers is being held at the Jefferson County Jail on a $50,000 bond.
- ‘Beer cave’ from early 1800s discovered in St. Louis neighborhood
- Man who lost son hopes to use $10 million lottery winnings to raise awareness of vaping dangers
- Cheers! Bottles of French wine returning home after year in space
- New Jersey causes stir by making smokers eligible for COVID vaccine
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate