ANNISTON, Ala. (WIAT) — An Anniston man was airlifted to a hospital after he was caught in an explosion while trying to get rid of excess gun powder Tuesday afternoon.
According to the Anniston Police Department, the 38-year-old man was at Old Fort McClellan when he decided to remove leftover gun powder. APD says he used lighter fluid to make the process go faster and that’s when the explosion happened.
The man suffered burns to his face and torso as well as a broken arm. He was life-flighted to a nearby hospital.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- Democratic and Republican leaders express willingness to work together on stimulus relief bill
- Work from home: These are the top jobs for remote careers
- Biden blasts Trump’s ‘criminal’ virus response at town hall
- Global coronavirus cases top 30 million
- Central AL Forecast: Drier and cooler weather dominates the forecast