BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A man charged with abusing the corpse of a missing Alabama woman was released from jail, a week after being granted bond.
Fredrick Hampton was released Tuesday on bond that was set at $30,000. He must also wear an electronic monitor.
The 50-year-old was charged in January with abuse of a corpse in the death of 29-year-old Paighton Houston. Houston was last seen in December leaving a Birmingham bar with two men.
Her body was later found in a shallow grave behind a home that belonged to Hampton’s relatives. Officials ruled Houston’s death an accidental overdose.
- 2 charged with drug trafficking, intent to distribute in Tuscaloosa County
- Photos: Large group of stingrays visits South Carolina harbor
- McDonald’s manager allegedly quits mid-shift, informs customers via sign posted in drive-thru lane
- Neighborhood heroes alert family to burning home
- Lawmakers respond to Juneteenth, look to end forced labor as criminal punishment in “abolition amendment”