BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The man accused of abusing the corpse of Piaghton Houston has been extradited to the Jefferson County Jail after being in custody in Ohio since Jan. 29.
Fredrick Hampton, 50, has been charged with abuse of a corpse and failing to register by a non-resident sex offender.
Hampton is accused of having a role in the death of Paighton Houston who went missing in December of 2019 and later found in a shallow grave in Hueytown. Houston’s death was ruled an accidental overdose.
Hampton was arrested in Ohio by U.S. Marshals last month.
Hampton is currently being held in the Jefferson County Jail without bond.
- Here’s how you can get paid to eat ice cream
- Alabama EMA, state troopers ready for latest tropical storm
- Bear euthanized after sleeping teen attacked in Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- United Airlines to update dress code for flight attendants, relax rules on tattoos, makeup, nose piercings
- 2 charged with drug trafficking, intent to distribute in Tuscaloosa County